Our Sponsors        
Active Language      Blevins Franks   



Your friend in Chiclana

Home arrow Health
Cadiz Therapy
Written by David Dransfield   
Tuesday, 08 February 2022
Offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with a British qualified, native speaker.  You can come to the office based in Chiclana or have sessions online.  Prices are very economical compared to UK prices if you would like to recommend us to a friend or relative in the UK. I specialise in clients who live abroad who may not have access to the usual support network of friends and family, or services in their native language. I have experience working with clients who suffer from depression, anxiety, trauma, addictions, couples therapy, compulsive behaviours, anger and stress management, phobias, panic attacks.  

Dementia:  I offer evaluations for early onset dementia, which can help for planning future care. I also off support for partners who often take on the role of caregivers.  
Please get in touch for further information via the website:    cadiz-therapy.com
Cancer Oncology
Written by Dave Fisher   
Thursday, 22 April 2021

Two words you hope you never hear!

This leaflet is designed to help you through the minefield of appointments and treatment involved. It is not “everything” but it is “most” of what you will encounter as you trundle through the Spanish health system.

Serviciode Ayuda a Domicilio
Written by David Dransfield   
Sunday, 06 February 2022

Andalucia Home help serviceThe Home Help Service is the set of preventive, training, and rehabilitative actions carried out by qualified professionals at home, with the aim of attending to the basic activities of daily life that the person in a situation of dependency needs.

To preserve home help services for dependent people and maintain employment in this work niche, the Extraordinary Plan of Social Action of Andalusia has been approved.

Within the Plan is the Consolidation Program of the Home Help Service, which grants transfers to Local Entities of Andalusia aimed at strengthening the Home Help Service. This is intended to ensure adequate coverage of the needs of the dependent population in an emergency situation or with economic difficulties.

Access to the Home Help Service financed by this Program is through the Community Social Services.

European Health Card
Written by UK inSpain   
Friday, 22 February 2013
A new website that explains how British citizens should use their UK-issued European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) has been launched as part of a campaign to clear up common confusion over how to obtain healthcare in Spain.

The website http://www.healthcareinspain.eu/ provides comprehensive information on the use of EHICs, whether visiting or living in Spain.

What you should know about the European Health Insurance Card

A UK-issued European Health Insurance Card should only be used to access medically-necessary state treatment during the course of a temporary stay in Spain. It does not provide access to all state treatment but for those in Spain on a temporary stay, it is the correct way to access state healthcare.

British citizens who live mainly in Spain should change the way they are registered, because for them the UK European Health Insurance Card is not the correct form of health cover. The new website  provides an interactive questionnaire that, depending on personal circumstances, links British residents to the Spanish social security webpage or a search page for the local INSS office or local health centre.
Testing Well or Borehole Water
Written by Dave Fisher   
Friday, 17 September 2010

It all came about because some friends look after a holiday home that is rented out; one family had trouble in that they contracted Hepatitis whilst on an extended holiday. So, because of the many accusations, the owners asked for the borehole water to be tested; the result was that although the water was “not nice” it didn’t cause the disease.

I will digress here for those that don’t know the difference; a borehole (perforacion in Spanish) is a very deep hole in the ground going far below the start of the water table. About nine inches across they vary from 25 metres to 90 metres deep. They rely on the pressure of water to sustain the flow out to your tap. On the other hand, a “normal well” (pozo artesano) is from two to four metres across, not normally deeper than 20 metres. It relies on having sufficient water in the well for your use, taking hours to refill to the original level before you opened the tap.

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack