Our Sponsors        
Active Language  Cadiz Casa    Blevins Franks   



Your friend in Chiclana

Home arrow Information Section
Information on Legal Issues
Tuesday, 22 September 2020

If you are happy with us dealing with this issue, please provide us with the following information to draft the PoA so we can get it notarised:

1.- NOTARY (the one chosen by the client) only if you would like to use a specific one in Spain:

a)    His/ Her complete name.

b)    His/ her professional address.

c)    Date when the grantor/s foresee to sign the PoA before the Notary.


a)    Complete name.

b)    Date and place of birth.

c)    Nationality

d)    Passport number and date of expiry for the passport.

e)    NIE number (if the client has a Spanish NIE document)

f)     Address

g)    Civil status (if the grantor is married, not married or divorced)


a)    Complete name.

b)    Date and place of birth.

c)    Nationality

d)    Passport number and date of expiry for the passport.

e)    NIE number (if the attorney has a Spanish NIE document)

f)     Address

g)    Civil status (if the attorney is married, not married or divorced)


4.- POWERS/ limitations:

  • Please explain briefly the purposes of the PoA so we know for what it is intended to be used and we can include the suitable powers.
  • Please also let us know the limitations we should establish (e.g. to buy a property ONLY in Vejer, to be able to withdraw money ONLY from the bank  account at the Barclays, from the bank account with IBAN no_________)


Please provide us with a legible copy for the passport of the grantors and also the NIE document (if applicable). Also for the attorney if you are appointing someone different from us.


Please provide me with the contact details for the Notary so I can get in contact with him/ her and provide him/her with instructions to get the PoA notarised only if you would like to use a specific one in Spain 


Applying for Spanish Nationality
Information on Legal Issues
Friday, 22 November 2019

 This article was written by Richard Appleyard and I would like to thank him for the excellent information. 

1. At the time of making the application you have to have been legally resident in Spain for 10 years continuously
2. Before making the application, you have to pass two exams:
Knowledge of the constitution and sociocultural aspects of Spanish society
Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for languages level A2 or higher
These exams are managed by the Instituto Cervantes and you must apply on their web pages. Best to apply 2 months before you want to take them to make sure places are available. We took our exams at the Universidad de Cádiz. Results are usually available 2 months after taking the exams. 


Certificado de Empadronamiento
Information on Legal Issues
Friday, 21 June 2013

The Empadronamiento, also known as the Padrón Municipal de Habitantes, is a municipal register or census record, of the number of people who habitually live in the municipality. It is similar to the electoral roll. To register on the Padrón is to "empadronarse".

Spanish law requires you to register on the padrón at the Town Hall in the area in which you habitually reside for more than six months of the year. 

Why should you register?

Chiclana is allocated funds by central government for the provision of many things including health centres, schools, police, fire-fighters etc. The amount of these funds is determined by the number of people who live in the area according to the Padrón register. If you are not registered, Chiclana is losing money for the provision of many things.

Benefits to you for registering on the Padrón.

 •  Registration in schools and also applying for scholarships.

 •  Right to vote in elections. Once you have registered your padrón you need to ask to be registered in the "Censo Local" to be registered for voting.

  •  Right to the Ley de Dependencia and economical support  plus social assistance. Benefits such as these are only available after you have been registered for a minimum of one year.

  •  Access to classes/ training offered by the Town Hall.

  •  Celebrating civil marriages.

  •  Access to council housing. (In Chiclana this is done through Emissa)

  •  Access to Self Employed grants and benefits.

How to register on the Padrón

Take a copy plus the original of the following documents to the Department Estadisticas, this is located on the ground floor of the Town Hall

1. Copy and original of NIE or Residencia certificate

2. Copy of Rental Contract or Escritura (title deeds of your own property)

3. Latest copy of one of your utility bills such as electricity or water bill

Complete the application form; this is available at the Estadisticas office which is located on the ground floor of the Ayuntamiento Building.

You will normally receive the certificate straight away and there is no charge.

You must renew your registration every five years and if you move to another area you will need to register again in that area. To renew your Padrón registration just go to the Estadisticas office with your original Padrón cerificate and fill in the renewal form.

If you leave Spain or become non-resident it is important to de-register.

EU Citizens in Spain
Information on Legal Issues
Thursday, 26 August 2010

This seven page booklet published, in English, by the Ministry of the Interior  covers all the regulations governing EU citizens living temporarily or permanently in Spain.

Click here to read or download this booklet in PDF format.  (2.29 MB)

For further information see the Ministry of the Interior  website.

Certificado de Antecedentes Penales
Information on Legal Issues
Monday, 25 January 2010


If you are a resident in Spain and need to apply for a Spanish police certificate this is the quickest route on how to do it.
Certificado de Antecedentes Penales = a certificate of any criminal convictions etc - like the CRB checks in UK

Modelo 790

Download the 3 page pdf form from the Spanish Ministry of Justice here http://www.mjusticia.es/ use the search box for modelo 790.

Fill in the details, including the reason why you need the certificate. Take it to any bank and pay el importe 3.47€
Make sure all 3 pages are stamped by the bank. They keep 1 page.

The nearest Ministerio de Justicia is in Sevilla:
SEVILLA (Cádiz, Ceuta, Córdoba, Huelva, Sevilla)
Plza. de España, s/n. Torre Norte, 2.º, 41013 SEVILLA
Open 9am-2pm on weekdays

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Results 19 - 27 of 199
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack